UK Government’s 教学卓越 and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF)
The 教学卓越 and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) recognises excellent teaching in UK higher education providers by rating them as gold, 银或铜. The results help prospective students choose where to study.
The TEF Panel reviewed the provider 指标 and provider submission according to the process and criteria specified in the TEF guidance.
The provider 指标 supplemented by the submission indicate that students from all backgrounds achieve consistently outstanding outcomes. 特别是, the Panel noted that rates of progression to highly skilled employment or further study and student satisfaction with academic support for full-time students are above the provider’s benchmark. Continuation rates and student satisfaction with teaching and assessment and feedback are consistent with the provider’s benchmark.
The Panel considered the provider’s submission and supplementary 指标, 在适当的地方, in relation to the TEF criteria and its judgement reflects, 特别是, 的证据:
- a clear employability strategy with very high levels of engagement from employers and professional bodies
- course design and assessment practices that provide engaging student learning opportunities, 从而使学生获得知识, skills and understanding that are most highly valued by employers
- personalised high-quality support for student learning, 包括威尔士媒体的机会, 还有教牧关怀
- the strength and diversity of staff-student partnerships
- 跨学科的方法具有影响力, world-leading research that influences teaching and learning
- a strong culture of reward and recognition for teaching and integration with research and scholarship
- outstanding physical and digital resources with very high levels of investment to enhance student learning.
整体, the TEF Panel judged that the combination of evidence in the provider 指标 and the provider submission best fits the descriptor for a Gold award.
Our undergraduate teaching was assessed against criteria that cover the areas of teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain.
TEF小组审议了来自一组 指标 使用国家数据以及 书面证据提供者提交.
涵盖的指标 学生满意度, 继续率 学生成绩(就业和/或深造). The 指标 for each provider were benchmarked to take account of differences in its students’ characteristics, 入职资格及所学科目.
The awards were decided by an independent TEF Panel of experts, 包括学者, 学生及雇主代表.
This award was made in June 2018 and is valid for up to three years.
"Swansea offers its students a unique experience; access to world leading research, 与主要国际雇主的接触, 以及优秀教师的经验" Martin Stringer教授，副校长